Retail Needs a Redo - STAT!




Why people (Hi, šŸ‘‹ I'm people), just don't want to go into stores anymore and would rather shop online.

I went to a major retailer for a few items after work yesterday and would rather eat soup with a fork.

First, it's not even mid-July. WHY ARE BACK TO SCHOOL ITEMS ALL STOCKED WHEN SCHOOL JUST ENDED TWO WEEKS AGO? Do you retailers not like Summer? Do blow up pools smores, and bubbles make you cringe? STOP pushing consumers to the next thing and let us enjoy the present season. If not, can I come over to your corporate HQ and decorate for Halloween now?

Second, I was at the self-check-out (I know, I know) and they were all occupied. No big deal. One customer finished up and barely walked away (I'm talking turned around and took like two baby steps as she needed an employee to remove the alarm tags). This male customer behind me said in an irritating voice "You can go now." 

Excuse me? Sir, if you are in a hurry that's not my problem. If you can't allow me five seconds so I don't invade someone's personal space, that's not my problem. I should have just moved super slow like I do when a car is tailgating me. 

So tired of rude people.

Third, the store was a MESS. I mean, come on already. Kids shoes and boxes everywhere, clothes tossed around like a teenager’s bedroom, shelves so disorganized one can't find the correct price of products unless you scan them yourself. CAN I GET A DISCOUNT FOR DOING YOUR WORK?

You already took away cashier's jobs but do you now expect consumers to clean up too? Nah., I don't even want to clean my own house. I'M JOKING. LIGHTEN UP. SHEESH.

This is why I sit at home and peruse the online shopping world. Knowing that it's a lot more organized, stress free (ok, ok...less stress), and no humans to act a fool. Wait....where did my kids go? AGAIN, I'M JOKING...Sort of...

You brick and mortar stores better figure out a way because this is NOT IT. I worked in retail many moons ago and NEVER would have been allowed to have the mess happen. Nor just stand around...la de da, la de da, while customers did the work. Did I mention no bags at my self-check-out kiosk while the young employee just stood there, watching customers like they were toddlers they were babysitting for the day? If you can't trust self-check-out or keep it well stocked, don't have it. But that's a whole separate topic for some other time.

Where are all the managers and district managers? You all on an extended coffee break? I can hear you slurping...COME OUT AND HELP YOUR EMPLOYEES. Actually interact with the very co-workers you say you value...but is that value the price of a 1990 fast food meal? The paperwork and gossip can wait. And so can your bonus if you think your employee's work is below you šŸ’….

Because at this point, it's old. All if it. The excuses of why XYZ can't happen, why you are short staffed, why there is no stock...yada, yada, yada. Actually put effort into solving these problems if you want happy, go lucky customers that skip through the aisles like they just had Publishers Clearing House at their door.

It's time to stop going to ANY physical location if these standards are acceptable to companies. Consumers, deserve better. And until then, corporate bank accounts don'tšŸ’ø.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 2024 Word

We don't say this to kids, but why say it to adults?

How Less Than $50 Filled My Heart