Two Things


    

    I panicked a bit when I saw a $0 in-network discount on my health EOB statement in my email this week. Knowing this doctor appointment would be an out-of-pocket expense, the statement should still be reviewed to make sure it’s correct. I started some quick research to see if I could solve this on my own.

    The provider I went to showed in-network, but listed a different location then where I went. So, I figured it was an easy fix. After some online chatting with a rep, it turned out the 0$ amount was correct. I asked questions, stated when I didn’t understand something, and received explanations that were easy to follow for a non-insurance person.

    I then saw an email thanking me for my payment from our cell phone provider. The amount was not reduced. There was still no discount that I applied for a few months back. I also contacted them after reviewing the statement. The online chat agent did not see my submission. It was my fault for not having the screenshot of when I did this; I always make sure keep proof and I did not this time around. So, I applied again and this time kept a copy of what I did. I was assured that the next bill would have this discount.

    This is a reminder to always review what is sent to you. It’s ok to inquire to make sure what you are paying is correct. It’s your responsibility to ask until you understand, and to know how things work. If you don’t ask, how will you know?

    One last thing…I am tired of the junk mail. So now, I am trying to stop all I can. Awhile ago, I had to contact a cable provider through a direct message on social media to stop mailing me advertisements. No joke, I was getting 2-4 mailings a week. It’s was unnecessary, and makes me back away from a company that claims they have all these so-called great deals. I was directed to a link and entered my info. All the mailings stopped.

    I did this again just the other day. I keep receiving mailings to switch to a different utility energy supplier. It is not something I want, so I went online and there was a form to fill out to be taken off their mailing list. I filled it out; so we will see how long it takes for that to stop.

    Now remember, some of these companies buy and/or sell your information. We should have the right to opt out of being on any of these lists. But you must take the few minutes it takes to make it happen. Don’t complain about it, DO something about it.

    Despite what we are told, it’s OK to ask questions. It’s also OK to put a stop to things you do not want, or that are not beneficial to you. It’s OK to start small. A little time each day, can make a difference.

    As always, your voice matters. What little bit can you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 2024 Word

We don't say this to kids, but why say it to adults?

How Less Than $50 Filled My Heart